Paithalmala is a charming hill station in North Kerala of the Western Ghats. Standing at the height of 4,500 feet, the summit offers you a 180-degree view of both Kerala and Karnataka range. The beauty has allured many of the nature enthusiasts, photographers and trekkers to this place as the mist blankets the surrounding hills and forest, which can be seen from an observatory tower near the peak. Paithalmala has significant rainfall, most months, with a short dry season. The average annual temperature is 21.4 C.
Brahmagiri forest is considered rich in wildlife which includes animals as, the Asian elephant, tiger, leopard, dhole, gaur, wild boar, and several species of deer. The area has mainly evergreen and semi-evergreen forest, and in the higher altitudes, there are grasslands with shola forest patches. Bamboos are well represented in these forests.
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Trek Length : 18 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1372 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 320 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 18 to 24 Degrees (June to December)
- Attraction : Waterfall, Coffee estates
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C private coach Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation in Homestay
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Tea, Coffee & Snacks
- Forest Permissions
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST & Anything not mentioned above.
- Food During Travel
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 litres of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip
09:30 PM: Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
09:45 PM: Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Domlur
10:00 PM: Pick up from Lifestyle, Magrath Road (Near Garuda Mall)
10:45 PM: Pick up from RR Nagar Arch, Mysore Road.
06:00 AM: Reach Base - Freshen-up & Breakfast
09:00 AM: Start the trek
12:30 PM: Trek to peak - Have packed Lunch on the way up
01:00 PM: Reach Paitalmala. Explore. Start back
07:00 PM: Reach back homestay. Relax. Campfire
08:30 PM: Dinner
06:30 AM: Wake up - Freshen-up
08:30 AM: Breakfast.
10:00 AM: Visit any sightseeing enroute
09:00 PM: Reach Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.