Any day in the “Scotland of India- Coorg” is better than a normal day in the city. If you are looking for a getaway that yells beauty, serenity and one of a kind experience then look no more.
Tadiandamol Trek stands at a height of 5700ft, located at a distance of 8 km from the town of Kakkabe and approximately 35 km from Madikeri.It is the highest peak in Coorg and is situated in the south-eastern part of Coorg.
We reach Coorg at dawn, the fresh aroma of coffee estates that span as far as your eyes can possibly see offer us a warm welcome. After a quick breakfast we start from Nalakanad Palace. the trek route has numerous visual treats for you guys in store. From seeing pretty butterflies, to waterfalls that are of just the right size to enjoy, to jaw dropping views of the valley. Tadiandamol is a MUST for everybody who choose NATURE over Netflix.
After about 4kms of walk we reach BIG ROCK that will serve as a point of rest before we continue towards the peak. The path then tests you with gradual increase in the inclination, this where you come across the famous shola jungle.
But nature has a trick up her sleeve, we come up to a false peak which deceive many people who end up thinking that this is the peak. The trail thereafter becomes narrow and steep, which makes even a distance of just 300m seem like a lot!
The top is usually covered in low, moving clouds. After spending ample time and enjoying everything that the trek has to offer we have our packed lunch and enjoy the panoramic views, we begin our descent at a slow comfortable pace back to the base.
A short drive later we are back at our homestay for tea and snacks, followed by dinner and a blissful night’s rest. Next morning we wake up by 7 AM to freshen up and have breakfast, following which we will continue to the Golden Temple. We begin for Bangalore a little before noon and are likely to reach here by about 9PM in the evening.
Overall, Tadiandamol offers enchanting views while at the same time not demanding too much physically (in comparison to treks such as Kumara Parvatha, Mullayanagiri/Bababudangiri, etc.), which makes it the perfect initiation trek for anyone looking to take up trekking seriously.
- Difficulty level : Easy to Moderate
- Trek Length : 14 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1748 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 260 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 24 to 28 Degrees (March to June)
- Attraction : Beautiful Mountains and View Points.
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg & Non-Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C private coach from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation in Dormitory or Tents (separate for Male & Female)
- 2 Breakfast (Veg)
- 1 Packed Lunch (Veg)
- 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
- 1 Evening Snacks
- Forest Permission
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any food during the journey
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusion
Note: There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal Medication (if any)
- Strong Backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Empty Lunch Box
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Trekking Shoes (Highly Suggested)
22:00 PM - Pick-up from BMC, office Indiranagar
22:15 PM - Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
22:30 PM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
23:00 PM - Pick-up from RR nagar arch
01:30 AM - Pick-up from Srirangapatna Bus stand (Mysore)
05:30 AM - Reach base camp, Freshen up & Have Breakfast
09:30 AM - Proceed for the Trek to Tadiandamol Peak.
12:00 PM - Reach, rest and have lunch
13:30 PM - Trek down to base & Depart to the campsite
16:30 PM - Reach campsite - Freshen up - tea/coffee/snacks
20:00 PM - Enjoy Campfire & Have dinner and retire for the day
07:00 AM - Freshen up - Breakfast
09:00 AM - Start back to Bangalore
10:00 AM - Visit Chiklihole Dam with Golden Temple or Dubare Elephant camp. have self sponsored lunch on the way
20:00 PM - Reach back to Bangalore
Route Map for Pick up & Drop Points: https://goo.gl/maps/uRnLtF4VPkQ4D75G8
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.