Banasura Hills is one of the highest mountain range in the Western Ghats. Trekkers here can see everything from wild medicinal flowers to waterfalls and cloud-capped hills. People can immerse themselves between the mist by trekking through the highlands to Banasura peak. The trail is spectacular in its own terms because of the lack of crowds here which makes it more rewarding and enjoyable experience. The trek distance is 7.5 km one way which starts inside the dense forest and continues through steep rocky terrain and plain grasslands with few ridge walks. The final stretch of the peak appears after crossing several hills and the famous Banasura Dam can be seen in the distant. After reaching the peak, one can have panoramic views of a breathtaking landscape which consist of green hills, blue reservoir, and cloudy sky. The elevation of Banasura Peak is 6,800 feet above sea level and this region has fauna like Wild Boars, Elephants and Deer.
- Difficulty level : Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Length : 15 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 2073 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 280 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 20 to 18 Degrees (September to January)
- Attraction : Beautiful Landscape
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Forest permission charges
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation in Tent or Dormitory
- Veg Meals (2 Breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 Dinner)
- Basic First aid support
- Instructor from BMC
Note: There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Sunday Lunch
- Anything not mentioned above in Inclusion
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Shoes with good grip
10:00 PM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
10:15 PM - Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
10:30 PM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
11:00 PM - Pick up from RR Nagar Arch
06:00 AM: Reach Homestay - Freshen-up & Breakfast
08:00 AM: Proceed to Base & Start the trek
12:00 PM: Reach the peak & Have packed Lunch
01:00 PM: Trek down to the Basecamp
04:00 PM: Visit to Meenmutty waterfall or Banasura Dam.
04:00 PM: Reach back Homestay
08:00 PM: Dinner - Night Halt
06:00 AM: Wake up - Freshen-up - Breakfast.
08:00 AM: Start back to Bangalore - Have self sponsored lunch on the way.
08:00 PM: Reach Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points