This Scuba Diving Experience is a one day program which is designed for people wanting to try their first scuba dive. Swimming skill is desirable but NOT essential for this program, anyone over the age of 10 can participate as long as they are not afraid of being in water.
Your day starts with a short briefing explaining the principles of diving and your equipment, followed by a dive in the swimming pool to get used to being underwater. You will learn some basic skills, get comfortable with the dive gear. Once you are comfortable in the water, you will be taken for your dive under the close, direct supervision of a dive instructor- in the best case scenario the instructor takes two people underwater with him so he can hold on to your tanks, you are never alone underwater. The dives are less than 12 m deep, usually between 6-10 m. The dive time on an average is 30 mins, could be more or less depending on your comfort level. We start at 07:15 am and finish by around 3:30 pm. The dive happens at Grande Island, which is around 15 kms from the Dona Paula jetty, about an hour long boat ride.
What is included in the tour
- Onward & Return Boat (Donna Paula Jetty - Grande Island - Donna Paula Jetty)
- Light snacks on Boat
- Services of an Internationally certified Scuba Instructor.
- Permission from Naval Authority
- First-aid, Life Jacket, Snorkeling Gear, Scuba diving equipment
- 1 still photo of your diving (If somebody wants multiple photo or video then the same will be chargeable)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.
Suggested things to carry:
- One strong back pack (Preferably water proof)
- Swimming costume
- Extra pair of shorts/t-shirt
- Head-wear (like cap, hat or bandana)
- Slippers/Floaters (Required during water activities)
- Water bottles (At least 2 litres)
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, Towel, Toothpaste, Tissue paper etc.)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Energy & refreshing food/drink like chocolate, nutribars, Juice packs, Glucon-D etc. (Suggested)
- Torches with new batteries (suggested)
- Camera (Optional)
Day - 1
07:15 AM: Reach the for Pool Training and then proceed to Grande island by boat.
Scuba diving and Snorkeling at Grande island (Please note there is no place to get down on island, we will be on the boat or in the water all the time
Light snacks will be provided by us during boat journey
After finishing the activities come back to the Beach by same boat
Proceed to Hotel - Freshen up - Pack up & start back for Bangalore - On the way self sponsored dinner
Leave for Bangalore (Overnight journey)
Note: The above mentioned itinerary is tentative & it can be changed according to the situation (For example - We may do the Scuba diving & Snorkeling on Saturday and the Saturday's program can be shifted to Sunday)
** Since we are in proper habitation we don't have to worry about food, people can have self sponsored food. Hence Lunch & Dinner is not included in the above cost. However we will provide Food in the boat (which will be snacks, Fruits & Soft Drinks etc. Due to sea-sickness problem regular lunch is not advisable on boat)
Note: 1. Do carry your original photo ID card where address is there on the ID like Election ID, Passport etc. during travel and send us the scanned copy of the same photo ID at the time of registration
2. There might be a possibility of the authority to charge more for foreign nationals. In such case, if any of you are of foreign nationality, you might have to pay the difference on spot.
Disclaimer: Rain, rough sea, Strikes and obtaining the necessary permissions & clearances are completely out of our control. In the event of not getting clearance from the Naval Authority, the event will be moved to a different date.