Makkalidurga is 60kms away from Bengaluru after Dodda Ballapur. Makkalidurga, also known as Gunjur Hill, is situated at Makalidurga village, 12 km from Ghati Subramanya. On the top is a magazine house called as Maddinanave built out of brick and mortar with an oval shaped window-like opening. A succession of dilapidated fort walls and a temple housing the statue of Linga and Nandi tells the tale of Sage Markandeya performing penance here for a long time.
Though the ascent is tedious, the summit offers inquisitive 360° landscape views. The jabbing dry grass is an irritant in dry months and is challenging to discover the grass-covered route during the rains. Expect high winds and fog on the hilltop. The awesome sight of the train chugging at the foothills seems straight out of a children's storybook.
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Trek Length : 5 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1350 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 60 Kms
- Minimum Age : 6 Years
- Weather : 28 to 32 Degrees (March to June)
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- 1 Breakfast (Veg)
- 1 Packed Lunch (Veg)
- Trekking Permit
- Basic First- aid support
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal medication (if any)
- One strong Backpack.
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 litres of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Empty Lunch box.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (suggested)
Please carry a empty lunch box. We discourage the use of plastic on our treks.
06:30 AM - Pick up from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM - Pick up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
07:00 AM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
07:30 AM - Pick up from Esteem Mall Hebbal
08:00 AM - Have breakfast on the way and pack lunch
09:30 AM - Start Trekking, Reach peak, explore. Have packed lunch
14:30 PM - Trek down and Depart to Bangalore
18:00 PM - Reach Bangalore