Dudhsagar Trek - A Four tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa's border with Karnataka. The waterfall is located in the Bhagwan Mahavir Wild Life Sanctuary at Collem in South Goa in the western ghats. is one of the world's most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River's watershed and so are not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India's fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of metres (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 metres (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 metres (100 feet). The area is surrounded by a deciduous forest and many species of birds, insects, plants and animal abound here.
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Trek Length : 22 Kms in total (Two way)
- Minimum Age : 10 Years
- Attraction : Waterfalls
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach (Pushback Seats)
- Food : Veg Food
Dudhsagar trek will be open only for 4 months July to October.
- Participants are not allowed to carry any liquor purchased from Goa to Karnataka.
- There are chance of (1-2 hours) delay in Arrival at Bangalore on Sunday night.
- Carry a raincoat. The weather is volatile and can change drastically on short notice.
- Torch is mandatory.
- Pack light. Carry only what is necessary.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Private Coach
- Accommodation in Resort 3/4 Sharing
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Basic First-Aid Support
- Forest Permissions
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Sunday
- Any other food during bus travel.
Suggested Things to Carry:
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Shoes with good grip
05.00 PM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
05.15 PM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
05.30 PM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
06.00 PM - Pick-up from Yesvantpur, (Near Metro Stataion)
08:00 AM - Reach homestay - Freshen up - Breakfast
10:00 AM - Start the trek to Dudhsagar
01:00 PM - Have early lunch (or carry - optional)
02:00 PM - Reach Dudhsagar
07:30 PM - Back to homestay - Night halt
09:00 PM - Dinner & Overnight stay
06:00 AM - Wake up and freshen up
07:30 AM - Finish breakfast
08:00 AM - Start back to Bangalore
02:00 PM - Have Self sponsored Lunch
11:45 PM - Reach Bangalore
Please note there will be 1 hr to and fro drive from the Accommodation place to trek start point.