- Visit to Gandikota Fort (Short Hiking)
- Belum Caves Visit
- Lepakshi Temple Visit
About the place:
Gandikota, also known as the Grand Canyon of India is a fort built in the 12th century with red granite stones. The fort is protected by a deep gorge on one side, several hundred meters long and deep, with gigantic boulders scattered all around. Camping under the stars here would be a memorable night..! There are two ancient temples and a masjid in this fort which are in ruins due to lack of preservation.
Belum Caves, is the largest and longest cave system open to the public in the Indian subcontinent. The government has built pathways, provided illumination and sank ventilation shafts to make the caves accessible. After the discovery of these caves back in 1983, it came to light that Buddhist and Jain monks were inhabited at this place. There is an underground stream that forms a natural waterfall at 150 feet deep from the ground level.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Privat Coach (Bangalore to Bangalore)
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Accommodation in Tents (⅔ Sharing)
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Sunday Lunch
- Entry at Belum Caves & Lepakshi Temple
- Anything which is not included in inclusions
- One back pack
- Water bottles 2 liters
- Change of clothes for two days
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Energy food like chocolate, nutrition bars etc
- Juice packs, Glucose-D etc.
- Torches with new batteries.
- Camera (optional)
- Odomos or any mosquito repellent cream
10:30 PM: Pick up from BMC, Indiranagar
10:45 PM: Pick up from New Shanti sagar hotel, Domlur
11:00 PM: Pick up from Lifestyle, Magrath Road (Near Garuda Mall)
11:30 PM: Pick up from Tin Factory
08:30 AM: Reach Campsite, Freshen-up & Breakfast.
10:00 AM: Visit Gandikota Fort. Explore the place.
01:00 PM: Have Lunch
02:30 PM: Visit to Waterfalls
05:00 PM: Back to Campsite & Have Snacks
08:00 PM: Enjoy Campfire, Have Dinner & Night Alt
06:30 AM: Freshen up.
07:30 AM: Breakfast.
09:00 AM: Travel to Belum Caves (60 km from Gandikota)
12:30 PM: Lunch & travel to Lepakshi Temple (210 km from Belum Caves)
05:30 PM: Start back to Bangalore (125 km)
08:30 PM: Reach Bangalore
Note: If weather condition is bad kayaking activity will no be conducted.