About Trip :
Located in Coorg, Tadiandamol is the sixth highest peak in Karnataka. A combination of scenic beauty yet being not too strenuous, Tadiandamol is the perfect introduction for anyone who wants to take up trekking.
We start from Bangalore on Friday night and reach Coorg between 5 and 6 AM on saturday morning. At about 8 AM after freshening up, and a quick breakfast, we will proceed to the trailhead, a short drive away. A quick introduction and briefing and we begin our trek to Tadiandamol from where the vehicle trail ends. The trail is quite well defined and is more or less level for the first four odd kilometers until we reach the big boulder for a brief rest. The incline of the trail from here on gradually increases as we cut left past a hillock on the right and get onto a ridge that leads to the Tadiandamol peak. 10 minutes from here we enter into the shola jungle. The trail from here on becomes very steep. Twenty odd minutes later, we leave the jungle to hit the last and final stretch that leads to the peak. This stretch is approximately 300 meters long but will seem much more longer (just like any other final ascent.) The top is usually covered in low, moving clouds. We will spend some time at the peak to rest, have our packed lunch and enjoy the panoramic views, after which we will descend at a slow comfortable pace back to the base.A short drive later we are back at our homestay for tea and snacks, followed by dinner and a blissful night rest. Next morning we wake up by 7 AM to freshen up and have breakfast.We begin for Bangalore at 8am from homestay and are likely to reach here by about 8pm in the evening.
Overall, Tadiandamol offers enchanting views while at the same time not demanding too much physically (in comparison to treks such as Kumara Parvatha, Mullayanagiri/Bababudangiri, etc.), which makes it the perfect initiation trek for anyone looking to take up trekking seriously.
What is included in the tour
* Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore.
* Basic Veg. Food (2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 evening snacks, 1 dinner)
* Tented accommodation with sleeping bags or Homestay
* Basic First-aid Support
* Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
Lunch on Sunday
Any other Food on the way to Bangalore
Anything not mentioned in Inclision
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip
09:30 PM - Pick-up from BMC, 80ft Road Indiranagar
09:45 PM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
10:00 PM - Pick-up from Lifestyle, Victoria road (Near Garuda Mall)
05:30 AM - Reach base camp, Freshen up & Have Breakfast
- Proceed for the Trek to Tadiyandmol Peak.
- Reach, rest and have lunch
- Trek down to base & come to the campsite - Freshen up - tea/coffee/sancks
08:00 PM Enjoy Campfire & Have diner and retire for the day
07:00 AM - Freshen up - Breakfast
09:00 AM - Pack-up and Leave
- Start back to Bangalore - On the way self sponsored lunch
09:00 PM - Reach back to Bangalore
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.