Kotagiri is a hill station in Niligiris District situated at the height of 5,890 feet. Most of the trekking trails are unexplored in this region due to its connectivity to Nilgiri Range which is prohibited to outsiders by forest department. The pleasant weather and fluctuating temperatures add up to the beauty of this place. The trail starts in the tea estates and continues down the valley on the river - path to end at Mettupalayam - Kotagiri junction. The major attractions near Kotagiri include the Catherine Falls, Elk Falls, Doddabetta Peak and the Rangaswami Pillar. Catherine falls is the second highest waterfall in Nilgiri Mountains after Kolakambai Falls.
- Difficulty level : Easy
- Trek Length : 12 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1792 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 380 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 7 Years
- Weather : 18 to 22 Degrees (March to June)
- Attraction : Waterfall, Tea Plantations
- Transport : Non AC Tempo Traveler
- Food : Veg & Non-Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Tempo Traveler from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation in Dormitory or Camping Tents (separate for Male & Female)
- 2 Breakfast (Veg)
- 1 Packed Lunch (Veg)
- 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Sunday Lunch
- Anything not mentioned above
- Personal Medication (if any)
- Strong Backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Empty Lunch Box
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Trekking Shoes (Highly Suggested)
08:30 PM: Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
08:45 PM: Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
09:00 PM: Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
09:30 PM: Pick up from Silkboard, near Renault Showroom
06:00 AM: Reach Campsite - Freshen-up & Breakfast
08:30 AM: Start the trek
12:00 PM: Packed Lunch on the way
04:30 PM: Visit Catherine Waterfalls Reach back homestay. Relax. Campfire
08:30 PM: Dinner
06:30 AM: Wake up - Freshen-up
08:30 AM: Breakfast.
10:00 AM: Visit Chocolate & Tea Factory Enroute
08:00 PM: Reach Bangalore.
Note: Silkboard drop point will be changed to RR Nagar while returning to Bangalore since we return by Mysore road.