Sixty kilometers from Bengaluru, Antargange in Kollar is a hill range with huge volcanic rocks and boulders scattered all over. Thorny shrubs cover the hill, while there is dense plantation forest at the base. Flight of steps, halfway the hill leads to an ancient temple. The spring at this temple is claimed to wash off your sins. The forty-five minutes hill climbing will keep you panting for breath and opens up for an extensive and beautiful green plateau on the top.
Kolar town, the headquarters of this district was formerly known as Kuvalala. Kollar was the first capital of the Gangas, till about the 4th century A.D. In 1004 A.D., the Cholas annexed Kolar with their empire. Later, Kolar came under the Vijayanagar empire, before being taken over by the British in 1768. In 1792, Kolar was given to Tippu Sultan, by the British. Haidar Ali of Mysore was born around 1722 in the tiny village of Budikote, near Kolar. Haidar Ali died in 1782 during the Mysore Wars. His body was embalmed and lay in state for four months before being moved to a mausoleum built by his son, Tipu Sultan, in the middle of a garden on the island of Srirangapatam.
Anthargange is an ideal location for light trek, rock climbing and camping. Big and small boulders have heaped to form cave like formations offering exhilarating network of cave exploration activity.
- Difficulty level : Easy
- Trek Length : 4 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 863 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 60 Kms
- Minimum Age : 6 Years
- Weather : 28 to 32 Degrees (March to June)
What is included in the tour
- A/C Transport (Bangalore to Bangalore)
- Breakfast (Veg)
- Packed Lunch (Veg)
- Instructor from BMC
- Basic First Aid support
- Permission from Forest Department
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything Not mention in Inclusion
- Personal medication (if any)
- Day Backpack
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water)
- Empty Lunch Box
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose-D, etc).
- Torch with new batteries (in case of emergency)
- Camera (optional)
- Raincoat (Suggested)
06:30 AM - Pickup from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM - Pickup from New Shanti sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
07:30 AM - Pick up from Tin factory Bus Stop.
08:00 AM - Have breakfast on the way and pack lunch
09:30 AM - Start Trekking, Reach peak, explore. Have packed lunch
14:00 PM - Trek down and Depart to Bangalore
17:00 PM - Reach Bangalore
Note : Drop points are same as a pick points
Additional cancellation charges of Rs. 300 will be applicable on all the below criteria for Skandagiri, Savandurga & Antargange Trek.
- Cancellation 7 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure - 80% refund.
- Cancellation 4 Days Prior To The Date Of Departure - 25% refund.
- Cancellation 2 Days Prior To The Date of Departure - No Refund ( Applicable for weekend departures only)
- Cancellation with carry forward of the amount for future event - Rs.320 (Need to be confirmed 24 hrs prior to the departure)