Dudhsagar Trek - A Four tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa's border with Karnataka. The waterfall is located in the Bhagwan Mahavir Wild Life Sanctuary at Collem in South Goa in the western ghats. is one of the world's most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River's watershed and so are not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India's fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of metres (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 metres (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 metres (100 feet).
The area is surrounded by a deciduous forest and many species of birds, insects, plants and animal abound here.
- Carry a raincoat. The weather is volatile and can change drastically on short notice.
- Torch is mandatory.
- Pack light. Carry only what is necessary.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Private Coach
- Accommodation Home-stay or Tents
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Basic First-Aid Support
- Forest Permissions
- Certified Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Sunday
- Any other food during bus travel.
Suggested Things to Carry:
- A strong Back-Pack (preferably water proof).
- Water bottle (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water).
- An extra pair of socks, under garments, T-Shirt.
- A water-proof jacket/sweater (if it begins to rain).
- Bandanna ( keeps the sweat out of the eyes ) and/or Wide brimmed hat.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste, towel, liquid soap.
- Few old news papers ( may be 4 would be fine).
- A torch with two new batteries and extra bulb.
- Some strong adhesive tape and/or A small role of strong string.
- A small pocket knife ( if you have a Victorinox -SWISS ARMY knife then great..).
- One matchbox/ lighter.
- Some tissue/toilet paper.
- Insect repellent (ex. Odomos).
- Basic First Aid & Medicine -
- Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc ).
06.00 PM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
06.15 PM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
06.30 PM - Pick-up from Lifestyle, Magrath road (Near Garuda Mall)
07.00 PM - Pick-up from Yesvantpur, (Near Metro Stataion)
06:00 AM - Reach homestay - Freshen up - Breakfast
08:00 AM - Start the trek to Dudhsagar
01:00 PM - Have early lunch (or carry - optional)
02:00 PM - Reach Dudhsagar
05:30 PM - Back to homestay - Night halt
09:00 PM - Dinner
06:00 AM - Wake up and freshen up
07:30 AM - Finish breakfast
08:00 AM - Start back Bangalore
02:00 PM - Lunch
11:45 PM - Reach Bangalore
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
There are chance of (1-2 hours) delay in Arrival at Bangalore on Sunday night.