RAMANAGARAM (48 km from Bangalore) situated in a valley surrounded by rocky hillocks was a sub-divisional headquarters from 1884. It became a taluk headquarters in 1928, and the place was named Ramanagaram in 1949 . It is the biggest cocoon marketing centre now. It is spread on either banks of the Arkavati and the old bridge connecting the town was built by Sir Barry Close, the Resident at the Royal Court of Mysore. Hence, the place was named as Closept, as mentioned in Persian as well as Kannada record, erected by Diwan Purnaiah in 1800. The township was also founded around the same time for greater security of the high road, which then passed through a wild forest route.
The present name, of Ramanagaram finds its origin from the once existed village Ramagiri at the foothills of the Ramadevarabetta. The present town has an Agrahara on the left bank of the Arkavati with a temple of Arkeshwara built in later Vijayanagara style. The temple is said to have been renovated by Krishnaraja Wodeyar III, facing west and has a Garbhagriha, a spacious Navaranga and has an inner Prakara. The Linga was reinstalled about four years ago. The annual Jatra is held on Phalguna Shuddha Poornima, when more than 2,000 people assemble. Beside this temple, to the left, is the Prasannambadevi shrine and to the right is another small shrine of Venugopalaswamy.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Transport
- Basic Veg Meals (Breakfast, Lunch & evening tea/coffee)
- Coordinator & Instructor charges
- Safety and climbing equipments
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.
Things To Carry:
- Personal medication (if any)
- Day backpack
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 litres of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc).
- Rain gear, Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (optional)
6:30AM - Pickup from BMC, 80ft road Indiranagar
6:45AM - Pickup from New Shanti Sagar, Domlur
7:00AM - Pick up from Lifestyle - Margrath Road
7:30AM - Pickup at Rajrajeshwari Nagar Arch, Mysore Road
- Breakfast at Bidadi (Famous Tatte Idly of Bidadi).
- Reach Ramnagaram, Warm up, Trekking, Rock climbing & Rappelling
- Break for Lunch.
- Chimney Climbing
- Start from Ramnagaram.
6:30PM - Reach Bangalore.