Agumbe is a high-altitude village in the southwest Indian state of Karnataka. Surrounded by the Western Ghats mountains and lush rainforest, it’s known for its many waterfalls, such as Onake Abbi, Bakarna and Jogi Gundi falls. Owing to its high rainfall, it has received the epithet of "The Cherrapunji of South India", after Cherrapunji, it is one of the rainiest places in India.
Located amidst such beauty at a height of 3800ft, is the tallest peak of Agumbe- “Narasimha Parvatha”. The trek begins from Malandur village.
The trail is beautiful adored with flora and fauna in multitudes. River sita winds down along the trail. The initial trail is easy but as you further go in, the trail gets narrower and the forests grow thicker. There are a few sources of water on the way to the top. Ancient trees that have withstood the wrath of time greet you with shade as very little sunlight is able to pierce through the dense canopy of this jungle.
Continue on the trek to witness the marvel of Barkana falls. It gives you a once in a lifetime opportunity to see a waterfall both from below and from it’s point of origin. Water falls from a height of 2200ft that makes it one among the 10 largest waterfalls in India.
The humid forests pave way to windy grasslands adored with bushes. Once you see stone pillars you’re almost near the peak. You can chill and enjoy the scenery, the peak has to offer.
We begin the descent towards Kigga, where you will reach Rishyashringa temple. It takes about 2-3 hours to reach Kigga.
- Difficulty level : Difficult
- Trek Length : 22 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1149 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 360 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 10 Years
- Weather : High 27° Degrees, Low 16° Degrees (November to January)
- Attraction : Beautiful Landscape
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Private Coach
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Accommodation in Homestay / Tents(Dorms)
- Trekking Permission
- Certified Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Day 3
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (Highly Suggested)
- Shoes with good grip
09:30 PM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
09:45 PM - Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
10:00 PM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
10:30 PM - Pick-up from Yesvantpur metro station
07:00 AM - Reach base Camp - Freshen up & Have Breakfast
08:30 AM - Start trek to Peak (18 kms both ways) approx
01:00 PM - Reach the peak, Have Packed lunch on the way
03:00 PM - Trek back to Base camp
06:30 PM - Reach Homestay
08:00 PM - Have Dinner & overnight stay
Meals: Breakfast, Packed Lunch & Dinner
06:30 AM - Wake up and freshen up
07:00 AM - Have Breakfast
08:30 AM - Start back to Bangalore
09:00 AM – Visit Soormane Waterfalls En-route
12:30 PM - Have self-sponsored Lunch one the way
09:00 PM - Arrival at Bangalore
Route Map for Pick up & Drop Points: https://goo.gl/maps/oUjFKDw4bPJG6ENX6