Mt. Yunam is a beautiful trekking peak in Lahaul district of Himachal Pradesh near the famous Baralacha La Pass. The summit is at the height of 6150 meters (20,300 ft) and offers a great panoramic views of Chandra Bhaga range and Zanskar. Since this area lies in the cold desert, the landscape is barren and the slopes are often dominated by cold dry winds. This is a great peak for experienced trekkers and is less crowded than the other trekkable peaks.
- Height - 6,150 meters (20,300 ft)
- Place - Lahaul & Spiti District, Himachal Pradesh
- Best time - July to September
- Difficulty level - High
What is included in the tour
- Camping in tents on 2 or 3 sharing basis
- 6 Breakfast
- 7 Lunch
- 6 Dinner
- Tea, Coffee & snacks
- Certified Guide
- Basic first-aid support
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Manali and back.
- Any hotel accommodation in Manali
- Porters to carry your luggage on the trek.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food cost
- Backpack 35- 40 Liters
- Small day pack 20 Liters
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
Thing to carry:
- Backpack 40 - 60 Liters (this will go on the horse. If you want to carry it on your back your welcome)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers.)
- Hiking pants/trousers and shirts
- Good ankle-length hiking shoes
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Sunglasses (mandatory)
- Hiking pole
- Suntan lotion and toiletries
- Camera (optional)
- Water bottle
- Warm jacket/pullover
- Warm gloves
- Warm socks
- Personal Medication If Any
- Back Pack Cover
Day 1 - Manali to Jispa - 93 km Drive
Altitude - 10,500 ft
We start from Manali after breakfast and reach Jispa in 3 hours.
We cross over from Kullu to Lahaul valley through Atal Tunnel.
Night stay in tents
Day 2 - Jispa to New Bharatpur - 60 km Drive
Altitude - 15,500 ft
The day starts with a scenic drive through mountains as we gain height bit by bit and reach Baralacha La at 16,000 ft. Further down from the pass, we reach our destination of the day New Bhartpur. Night stay in Dhaba
Day 3 - Acclimatization Hikes
Today, we will spend time doing small hikes around the camp.
Day 4 - Bharatpur to BC and back (Acclimatization walk)
We will go up to 17,000 ft till Base Camp, rest for some time and come back. The acclimatization process ends here.
Day 5 - New Bhartpur to Yunam Base Camp
Altitude - 17,000 ft. 3 hours
An uneasy, walk through moraines. We establish the base camp and get ready for the summit day ahead.
Day 6 - Base Camp to Yunam Summit and back to Base Camp
Altitude - 20,300 ft. 10 - 12 hrs
We will start our day much early around 2 am. It is a steep climb towards the peak. Reach summit around 8 am. Have packed breakfast on the way and come back to base.
Day 7 - Base Camp to New Bhartpur and drive to Manali
Altitude - 6500 ft
We will pack up the camp and come down to the road. Drive to Manali will take approx 6 hours. The trip ends here with lots of high altitude memories.