Kudremukh National Park is spread partly over the thick hilly forests near the coastal plains on the western portion and the shola vegetation on the Western Ghats uplands, covering parts of 3 districts, viz., Chickmagalur, Udupi and Dakshina Kannada. The Kudremukh peak by which the National Park derived its name, is the highest elevation at 1892 meters.
Special features of Kudremukh National Park (KNP)
KNP is made of steep hills and valleys. The hills, which bear the brunt of the severe monsoon wind, preclude any tree growth as a result the landscape is covered with grass. The valleys which are tucked in, have reasonable protection from wind and a deep soil profile, as a result of which stunted evergreen forests exist creating an unique microclimate, rich with mosses, orchids, etc. The whole scenery of grassland interspersed with narrow strips of forests provide a fantastic vista for a trekker. The totally fresh air and the climb up and down, invigorates the body and soothes the soul. During the trek, one can view and study several wildlife species of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, insects, etc.
Moderate to Difficult
|20 degree - 27degree|
Depending on the availability:
b) Dormitories: Ideally big room where people sleep in sleeping bags provided by us. There will be separate rooms for girls and guys.
Toilets Only at Base Camp. Hotwater etc, as Per Availability.
Basic Veg Meals (1 Breakfast, Evening Tea Snacks, 1 Lunch & 2 Dinner)
Non A/c. Depending on number of participants it can be Tavera/Qualis, Tempo Traveller, MiniBus, Bus, others.
Distance from Bangalore
|340 kms (one way)|
Total trekking distance
|20 - 22 kms approx.|
|Beautiful landscape, Somvathi Waterfall.|
What is included in the tour
- Forest permission charges
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation In Tents
- Veg Meals (1 Breakfast, 1 lunch & 2 Dinner)
- Basic First aid Support
- Certified Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Saturday Breakfast & Lunch
- Snacks During Transit
- Anything not mentioned above in Inclusion
- Note: There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 litres of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip
06:30 AM - Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45 AM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
07:00 AM - Pick-up from Lifestyle, Magrath road
05:00 AM Reach Kudremukh National Park
Have Self sponsored breakfast on the way
Visit Belur temple & have self sponsored Lunch
Reach campsite at kudermukha base camp & Freshen up
Have Campfire, Dinner & Night stay
06:00 AM Have breakfast, Avail permission
Start trekking to Kudremukh Peak
Trek 22KM both ways. Have packed lunch on the way
06:00 PM Reach base camp, have Dinner & Start back to Bangalore
04:30 AM Reach back to Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points