About Trip: When it comes to the Himalayan vacation, what better way to spend the days in Solang Valley, which is one of the famous tourist hotspots in the Himalayas. The high altitude environment guarantees a fresh air and beautiful views of Dhauladar range, which is a breathtaking sight to witness and an ideal location for kids to see a geographical feature of that size. The most common activities here include Parachuting, Paragliding, Skiing, and Motor Biking.
Note for Parents: Call us on 9611102222 or visit at our office @ Indira Nagar, Bangalore.
- Duration: 11 Days, 10 Nights.
- Highest Altitude: 8,500 feet
- Grade: Easy,Safe for first timers.
- Temperature: 10 – 25 degrees Celcius
- Best Time: May – June
- Age Limits: 10 to 15 years.
- Support Staff: Experienced Male & Female instructors
- Activity Type: Water Sports, Trekking and Outdoor activities.
- Starts at: Bangalore
- Ends at: Bangalore
- Camp Region: Solang Valley, Manali – Himachal Pradesh.
- Insurance: Insurance for Adventure sports included
Few important points to note before you decide to register:Click Here
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Water Sports
- First-Aid support
- Adventure Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food during train journey
- Shopping in Manali
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusion.
Please carry below mentioned items for camping :-
1. Backpack (55 - 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
2. Daypack (20-25 L) - optional.
3. Trekking shoes - Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
4. 5 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
5. 5 cotton t-shirt with collar. Avoid bright colours like red and fluorescents. Stick to lighter tones. There are plenty of Birds and Animals one would come across while trekking and you won't want them to get scared with your dressing sense.
6. One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
7. A full sleeve thick Jacket.
8. Undergarments ( for 11 days ).
9. 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
10. 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
11. Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
12. Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
13. Hand Gloves (water proof).
14. Sun glasses - Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
15. Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
16. Trekking Pole .
17. People who wear spectacles should have any one of these:
Photo Chromatic Glass.
If either of the above is not possible, wear your spectacles and carry a big sunglass that can be worn over your spectacles.
18. Light towel (a quick drying kind).
19.Chap stick or Lip Balm.
20. Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
21. 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
22. Life straw personal water filter (optional) - buy them online at Pepperfry
23. LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
24. Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
25.Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
26.Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
27.While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc.
DO NOT CARRY:
- BMC Adventures is not responsible for any loss / damage of your personal items
- Laundry arrangement is not available at the site.
Day 1 Wednesday (16th May 2018) Bangalore to Ambala. (2 Days, 3 Hrs)
Participants will begin the journey from Bangalore in a 3 Tier AC train around 1 PM.
Day 2 - Thursday (17th May 2018)Train journey continues.
Day 3 - Friday (18th May 2018)Reach Ambala Cantt.
After reaching Ambala station around 5:30 PM, we will embark on the bus journey to Manali which takes 9 Hrs.
Day 4 - Saturday (19th May 2018) (1.5 Hour)
Once we reach Manali Bus stand, the pick up vehicle will be ready to escort us to the campsite in Solang Valley. Upon reaching the campsite, the participants will be alloted with tents to settle in from a long journey. After a quick freshen up, we will head towards a small trek to Shivling.
Day 5 - Sunday (20th May 2018) Zorbing and River Crossing
Zorbing is an activity in which you get inside the gaint inflatable ball and roll down the valley in it for some distance. These can be played in the water where the fun is at another level.
A river crossing is a challenging activity where you get from one river bank to another by using a human chain or a rope bridge.
Day 6 - Monday (21st May 2018)Rafting
Today, we will get into the gushing waters of Beas River for white water rafting where the rapids of high grades can be negotiated as the adrenaline inside you sores up high.
Day 7 - Tuesday (22nd May 2018)Snow Point Trek and Skiing.
Snow Point in Solang Valley is a perfect place for an adventure, where we can try out Skiing, Snow Biking, cable car ride and much more.
Day 8 - Wednesday (23rd May 2018) Rock Climbing and Rappelling.
Enjoy the gravity defying activities like rock climbing and rappelling on the rock faces.
Day 9 - Thursday (24th May 2018)Solang - Manali - Delhi.
After a yummy breakfast at the camp, we will travel back to New Manali for some shopping and sightseeing. Later on, its time to say good bye to this majestic Himalayan town and board the bus to Delhi with lot of memories to cherish.
Day 10 - Friday (25th May 2018) Delhi to Bangalore. (1 Day, 13 Hrs)
We will depart back to Bangalore in a early morning train at 06:25 from Delhi junction. It takes around one and a half day to reach Bangalore.
Day 11 - Saturday (26th May 2018)Reach Bangalore at 08:30 PM.