Trekking in Himalaya is always lifetime experience, mixed feelings, strenuous but in the end a wonderful experience with lots of memories. The scenic landscape changes its nature gradually offering a visual delight to the trekkers. The horizon is filled with the infinities of the sky and a unique tranquility surrounds the atmosphere. You can hear the sound of the wind and feel the true power of nature which is otherwise lost in a hustling city life. All you feel at that moment is completely 'humbled' in front of Mother Nature.
The route of the Hampta pass through delightful alpine pastures, snowfields and offers magnificent views of peaks such as Mount Indrasan (6221 meters), Mount Deotibba ( 6001 meters ) and the other side of the valley known as the Spiti Valley in Lahaul District. The trail has a rich flora and fauna with forests of cedar, fir, walnut, oak etc. and colorful birds.
What is included in the tour
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high-calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation (3 people in each tent)
- Basic First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Coordinator throughout the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Manali.
- Any hotel accommodation
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Backpack 35- 40 Liters (You can choose to send it with horse/porter at actual cost)
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers. Ideal to carry only if you are sending bigger bag on horse/porter)
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Day - 1 Arrival at Manali
Arrival at Manali. After meeting the trek coordinator, proceed to the Hotel. Introduction and Briefing about trek. Overnight stay at Manali in Hotel.
Day 2: Trek to Chikka
Woke up early in the morning to catch a taxi or jeep to Hampta Dam which is the starting point of our trek after finishing the breakfast. From there it is a gentle and beautiful climb, although some trails are bit tricky to cross. Get to see Beautiful views Pine Forest, Rock faces & Trees like Maple, Walnut, Fir, Oak on the way. We will start our trek from Hamta Dam and halt at Chikka. The first day Campsite at Chikka identified by big boulders and Beautiful Waterfalls. You will reach campsite by evening.
Day 3: Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
Mesmerizing views of the Dhauladhar range. This range also has some beautiful waterfalls and lakes along with the icy-cold water. The second-day trek will take around 4/5 hrs from Chikka to Balu Ka Ghera which is at 11,900 ft.The initial part of the trek would be through the bank of the river through the rocks. During the trek, you will start seeing "Valley of Snow".
Balu Ka Ghera is actually a large plain ground on the bank of the river and camping at this spot is a dream for everyone as the whole place is so picturesque and breathtaking. Once People reach the campsite they will relax at the campsite.
Day 4: Bhalu ka Ghera to Hampta Pass to Shia Goru
On the 4th day, the trekking will begin from Balu Ka Ghera towards Shia Goru via Hampta pass. This day's climb was a crucial one. The trail now began towards the Hampta pass with Deo Tibba and Indrasan in view, along with a large view of Lahaul Valley. It takes around a Minimum of 4/5h to reach to the top of Hamta Pass. Then start descending from Hampta top towards Shia Goru. The descent is steep in times of abundance snow one could slide down to reach base Shia Goru.
Day 5: Shiagoru to Chatru & drive to Chandar Tal
The 5th-day, people would head towards Chatru which come closer towards the road.One would get to watch the beautiful valley of lahul & spiti. The Mountains of Pir Panjal & Spiti ranger adds beauty and creates a magical view which continues till Chatru. Chatru is basically Meeting Point of Path From Rohtang Pass, Hamta Pass & Spiti. Then we will go for Chandra Tal with a jeep. Myth says that "Yudhishthir" the Oldest Panadva Was Called to Heaven from here. Camping for the night at Chatru.
Day 6: Chatru to Manali (Drop at bus stand)-
Jeep rides from Chatru to Manali. Departure after 4 pm From Manali.
We will move early in the morning from Chatru after Breakfast for Manali. The ride to Manali is very Scenic.One will come across the famous "Rohtang Pass" on the way.It takes around 3/4h sometimes to reach Manali. So we will start by 7 am from Chatru by Lunch time we will reach Manali. Trek end here with sweet memories !!! Departure from Manali to Delhi.