This is an unique and unspoilt climax eco-system of exceptional scenic beauty, comparable to the alpine meadows of the Himalayas. This is an important Bio-diversity Hotspot as well. A trek through Brahmagiri elevates the soul, and instills respect for nature while constituting an unforgettable lifetime experience. During the trek, one can also view several wildlife species, including the rare lion-tailed macaque.
Brahmagiri Sanctuary is a narrow strip of high-altitude mountainous shola-grassland vegetation, situated on the Kerala-Kodagu border along the eastern side of the east-west ridge, linearly extending over 80 km.
Trek begins from the Thirunelli and is 8 kms long walking to reach the Peak. It takes more than 3 hours of an intense trek to reach the top of Brahmagiri, which is about at 1608 m high
- Difficulty level : Moderate to Difficult
- Trek Length : 16 Kms in total (Two way)
- Altitude : 1608 Meter
- Distance from Bangalore : 290 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 20 to 24 Degrees (July to September)
- Attraction : Beautiful Mountains and View Points.
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg & Non-Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C private coach from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Accommodation in Dormitory (separate for Male & Female)
- 2 Breakfast (Veg)
- 1 Packed Lunch (Veg)
- 1 Dinner (Veg & Non-Veg)
- Forest Permission
- Instructor from BMC
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Sunday
- Any other Food on the way to Bangalore
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusion
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Raincoat (Highly suggested)
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip
09:30 PM - Pick-up from BMC, office Indiranagar
09:45 PM - Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
10:00 PM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
10:30 PM - Pick-up from RR nagar arch
01:00 AM - Pick-up from Srirangapatna Bus stand (Mysore)
06:00 AM - Reach base camp, Freshen up & Have Breakfast
08:00 AM - Proceed for Trek Start Point
09:00 AM - Reach the start point & Trek to Brahmagiri Peak.
01:00 PM - Reach the peak, rest and have lunch
01:30 PM - Trek down to base & come to the campsite - Freshen up - tea/coffee/snacks
08:00 PM - Enjoy Campfire & Have diner and retire for the day
07:00 AM - Freshen up - Breakfast
09:00 AM - Start back to Bangalore
10:00 AM - Visit Iruppu Falls. have self sponsored lunch on the way
08:00 PM - Reach back to Bangalore
- There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.