Ballalrayanadurga is a concealed fort on top of a dense forest in the Western Ghats which stands with shattered walls as a distant reminder of its past when it was built in 12th century by Hoysala Empire. Situated at the height of 5000 feet, the whole valley glitters with natural colors during sunsets and makes an ideal place for trekking and camping with mesmerizing views around. The immersed greenery attracts trekkers at all times of the year. Apart from its historical significance the Ballalarayana Durga fort is also famous as a trekking destination. The most frequented trek route is the one that starts at Mundaje and takes one to the Bandaje Arbi before proceeding to the ruined fort. The trek to the fort is a difficult one and presents quite a few challenges to the trekker.
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Trek Length : 15 Kms in total (Two way)
- Distance from Bangalore : 290 Kms (One Way)
- Minimum Age : 8 Years
- Weather : 20 to 27 Degrees (March to June)
- Attraction : Beautiful Landscape
- Transport : Non AC Private Coach
- Food : Veg Food
- Washrooms : Only at Base Camp
- Accommodation Type : Dorms separate for Male & Female
For a bulk booking discount, call 9902027262.
Few important points to note before you decide to register:Click Here
Note: Price has been hiked from March to May 2023 for AC Transport.
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C transport
- Accommodation in Homestay
- 2 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Forest Permissions
- Basic First Aid support
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned above.
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably waterproof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Repellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip (Must)
- Raincoat (highly suggested)
Kindly don't carry single use plastic ( for eg: chocolates, chips, water bottle etc) items during the trek. There will be thorough check by the forest department near the check post and if found any there will be penalty.
If you need chocolates or chips during the trek, unwrap it and bring it in tiffin or Tupper ware.
09:30 PM: Pick-up from BMC, Indiranagar
09:45 PM: Pick-up from Domlur Sky Walk, Opp to Domlur Bus Stop
10:00 PM: Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
10:30 PM: Pick up from Yeshwantpur metro station
06:30 AM Reach Homestay, Have to Freshen up & Breakfast
08:30 AM Start the trek from Sunkasale
10:00 AM Reach Ballarayana Durga Fort and trek towards Bandaje falls
11:30 AM Have packed lunch and spend some time at the waterfalls
12:30 PM Trek back to Homestay
02:30 PM Reach back to Homestay
08:00 PM Campfire Dinner & overnight Stay
06:30 AM: Wake up - Freshen-up - Breakfast.
07:00 AM: Visit Kodige Falls
09:00 AM: Start back to Bangalore
11:00 AM: Visit Belur Temple & Have self-sponsored lunch on the way.
08:00 PM: Reach back to Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
For any clarification email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 9611102222