About Place: Sandhan valley is a beautiful carved valley in magnificent Sayhadri mountain range, which is part of Western Ghats in Maharashtra. Surrounded with mighty and jaw-dropping mountains of Ratangad and Kalsubai, the valley stands at the height of 4255 ft high above sea level, which is the perfect spot for trekking and other adventure activities. The trek goes through 200 ft deep and 2 km long gorge carved by water between the narrow walls. The adventurous part of the trek kicks in when we are left to rappel down the 100 ft rocky patch with the help of experienced guides and equipment. Unlike all treks, we descend down in valley on the first day and climb up the next day. We camp in the valley and while descending, we have to rappel down at 3 spots.
This trek is not for people who want to give up halfway!
What is included in the tour
Above Charges Include:
- Transportation in Non-AC vehicle from Pune to Pune
- Tent (sharing) Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping mat
- Basic Veg food
- Safety Gears and Basic Medical kit
- Technical Instructors with equipment
- Coordinator from BMC
- Local Guides
- Adventure Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
Above Charges does not Include:
- Food During Transit
- Any other expenses not considered above.
Things to Carry:
1. A strong Back-Pack (preferably water proof).
2. Water bottle (enough to carry at least 2 liters of water).
3. An extra pair of socks, under garments, T-Shirt.
4. A water-proof jacket/sweater (if it begins to rain).
5. Bandanna ( keeps the sweat out of the eyes ) and/or Wide brimmed hat.
6. Toothbrush & toothpaste, towel, liquid soap.
7. Few old news papers ( may be 4 would be fine).
8. A torch with two new batteries and extra bulb.
9. Some strong adhesive tape and/or A small role of strong string.
10. A small pocket knife ( if you have a Victorinox -SWISS ARMY knife then great..).
11. One matchbox/ lighter.
12. Some tissue/toilet paper.
13. Insect repellant (ex. Odomos).
14. Basic First Aid & Medicine -
Anti-Dysentery Pills (Eldoper)
Some generic pills (Crocin, Imol, etc)
Anti Cold preparation (COLDACT).
Gauze roll & antiseptic lotion.
15. Energy Food ( Chocolate bars, Flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucon-D, etc ).
16. Garbage bag to collect any litter we may create (or other people have created).
17. A list of medicine to which you are allergic ( please carry this in your top pocket).
18. Camera ( Optional )
11:00PM - Aundh, Pune (Map)
11:30PM - Kalpataru Estate, Pimple Gurav (Map)
5:00AM - Breakfast,
6:00AM - Start the trek,
Have packed lunch enroute
Reach the base of valley and camp after climbing down 1200 ft.
We have to rappel down at three places.
8:00AM - Start trekking up from valley to the base.
4:00PM - Start back to pune
9:00PM - Reach pune.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points.
For any clarification email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 9611102222