About Trip :
If you are in love with the mountains then the ravishing terrains of the Stok Kangri Trek will charm your heart away. Experience 8 days of grueling physical hardship as you trek across the arduous route and also feel the heady rush of soul pleasure as you witness the unparalleled beauty. Your destination is Stok Kangri that stands at a stunning altitude of 20128 feet above sea level. The view is nothing like anything you have seen before and the majesty of the surroundings will thrill you.
The mountains all around change colour from organic brown to shimmering coral and iridescent purple depending upon the angle of the sunrays. Experience the exquisite contrast of the lush flat terrain of Manokarma with the stunning slopes of Chang Ma. As the night creeps in you can see the dazzling Orion arm of the Milky Way. Experience oneness with nature as you soak in the priceless tranquility and loveliness all around. The chance of viewing all this beauty comes at a price though; the price of battling through rough terrain, coping with falling Oxygen levels and using every inch of your stamina to fight the raging cold.
What is included in the tour
The price covers the following services:
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags (Holofill) and Carry mats.
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Leh .
- Insurance Individual during trek .
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation (3 people in each tent)
- Basic First Aid
- Local Route guide
- All climbing and safety gears .
- All transfer from Leh to Leh for trek
- Forest Permission Charges
- Coordinator throughout the trek
- Insurance up to 1 Lakh
What is NOT included in the tour
The price excludes the following services:
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Leh and return .
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above.
- Anything not mentioned above.
- Small day pack 20 Liters (you can use this on the trail to carry your trail food, camera, water and trail layers. Ideal to carry only if you are sending bigger bag on horse/porter)
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Tentative Schedule :
Day – 1 Arrive at Leh , Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport ( 11550ft ).
Today is very crucial that we take enough rest and Acclimatize to the weather properly . Evening we have Introduction and Briefing about whole trip. Overnight stay at Guest House.
Day – 2 Rest / Acclimatization / Local Exploration Day ( 11550 ft to 11880 ft ).
It is important to walk to higher altitudes while you stay two Day in Leh .Today we will be visiting places around leh and acclimatization further. We visit places like Shanti Stupa, Leh Palace, Chemo Monastery etc .Leh has some good shops selling trekking gears . So you can do some last moment purchase . Pack your bags as per trekking requirements. Finish your dinner and sleep early .
Meals : breakfast
Day – 3 Leh to Rumbak, Via – Zinchan (11550 ft to 13300 ft ) .
Woke up early in the morning to catch a taxi or jeep to Zinchan which is the starting point of our trek, From Zinchan we will start our trek to Rumbak , An easy walk today . Overnight stay in Tents/ Home stay .
Meals : All Meals
Day – 4 Rumbak to Manokarma, Via Stock La (13300 ft to 14520 ft ) .
This day will show you real beauty of Ladakh .We start our trek to Manokarma with stunning view of Ladakh . We start early in the morning to cross the pass. To Stok La climb is steep and demanding.Today we will be climbing till 4900m and we will sleep low at 4400m , it helps us better acclimatization to the altitude for higher once to come .Stock La offers us mesmerizing views from top . We descend down to our campsite at Manokarma . Overnight stay in tents .
Meals : All meals
Day – 5 Manokarma To Stok Kangri Base Camp (14520 ft to 16665 ft) .
Today we will be walking short distance uphill path, this trail blooms with water streams, snow field which is a path with beautiful views. Once you reach the Stok Kangri base hot lunch will be waiting for you . This easy day is actually preparing us for the grand summit day. We chill out for the day and relax overnight in the tents.
Meals: All Meals
Day – 6 Acclimatization (Buffer Day) & Training Day ( 16665 feet ).
This day specially we are counting as a acclimatization and rest day. As per snow availability today we will be giving technical training on mountaineering equipments which we will be using on summit day. Use of Ice Ax , Rope use, Roping up , Crampons use etc .It will helps us during Summit ! We sleep early and keep everything ready for the Summit! Overnight stay in tents.
Meals : All Meals
Day – 7 Stok kangri Base camp to Stok Kangri Summit and Back to Base Camp ( 16665 ft to 20300 ft ).
We will attempt the Stok Kangri Summit Today .We start our trek midnight around 1am to reach summit during sunrise. Stiff climb initially followed by a long mild ascent and ends with a long stiff ascent. After a continues 6hrs steep ascend you will be on the top of Stok Kangri Peak ( 20100 ft ). After reaching the top you will realize that all the pain was worth taking to be where you are !!! At the top you will see a 360-degree view of some of the highest peaks including Apsarasas Kangri, Chamshen Kangri, Lungsher Kangri, Saser Kangri, Mamostong Kangri etc .The descent is equally long and tiring .Come back to the base camp retire for the day . Overnight stay in tents.
Meals : All Meals
Day – 8 Stock Base Camp to Leah Via – Manokarmo, Stok Village.
Today after breakfast we trek down up to stok village. Cab will be waiting for us at stok village . start back to Leh by cab , Check in to the hotel and retire for a day . (Next day morning checkout from Hotel)
Thanks to great teamwork! Trip ends here with Lifetime memories !!!
Meals : Breakfast , Lunch .
1] There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
2] Itinerary can be changed, in case of snow, rainfall and landslides.