About Trek :
Brahmatal trek is a Hidden treasure of Uttarakhand.This place is situated in Chamoli District in Garhwal Himalaya at the height of 12000 feet, Brahmahtal offers a panoramic view, from the top you can see Peaks like Trishul, Nandaghunti, Mrugathani etc.. This trek passes through some of the stunning and exotic landscape of Himalayas with short stretches of rhododendron, oak forest and snow fields.This trek is an excellent choice for first-timer trek in Himalaya, nature photographers and for corporate teams.
What is included in the tour
- Trek equipments like Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent.
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation
- First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Coordinator for the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc.
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Kathgodam.
- Any hotel accommodation.
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from above mentioned things.
- Anything not mentioned above.
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar. Avoid bright colours like red and fluorescents. Stick to lighter tones.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Day - 1 Kathgodam to Lohajung (Altitude: 1,483 ft, Distance : 220 Kms, 9-10 Hours Drive)
Reporting at Kathgodam Railway Station at around 07:00AM (You are expected to reach Kathgodam on previous night). We will meet up there & proceed to Lohajung which is around 220 kms and 9-10 hours drive (We will hire a cab at Kathgodam to drive to Lohajung & the costing will be shared among all the participants). Reach Lohajung, Introduction, Briefing & Overnight stay at camp.
Day 2: From Lohajung to Bekaltal.(Altitude: 7,600 ft - 9,900 ft , Trekking distance 6 km , 4-5 hrs trek )
We start our trek after breakfast from Lohajung Village, on an even surface through thick oak forests, with a few waterfalls streams on the way. Dinner and overnight stay in the Tents
Day 3: Bekaltal to Brahmahtal Base / Khabekhal ( Altitude 9,900 ft - 10,760 ft ,Trekking distance 3.5 km , 3-4 hrs trek)
Today we will be walking short distance uphill path, this trail blooms with thick forests of rhododendron, oak forest and snow field which is a path with beautiful views. Once you reach the Brahmahtal base hot lunch will be waiting for you .We chill out for the day and relax overnight in the tents .
Day 4: Brahmahtal Base to Brahmahtal Top (back to Brahmahtal ) (Altitude 9900 ft - 12600 ft ,Trekking distance 5 km , 5-6 hrs trek)
Summit day !!! A gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge spectacular view of Mountains like Trishul, Nanda Ghunti, Ali Bugyal etc . You could see the rim of the snow capped mountains from the Brahmahtal top.
Day 5: From Brahmahtal Base to Lohajung. (Altitude 9,900 ft to 7,600 ft , Trekking distance 7 km , 4-5 hrs trek)
Morning after breakfast we retrace the same trail back to Laohajung .Dinner & Overnight stay in Lohajung .
Day 6: From Lohajung to Kathgodam (Altitude: 1,483 ft, Distance : 220 Kms, 8-10 Hours Drive)
Depart from Lohajung to Kathgodam/Rishikesh (8-10 Hrs. drive). (We will hire a cab at lohajung to drive to Rishikesh or kathgodam & the costing will be shared among all the participants).
Note: 1] There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
2] Itinerary can be changed, in case of snow, rainfall and landslides.