About Place :
Valley of Flowers National Park is an Indian National Park, located at a height in West Himalaya. It is renowned for its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and the variety of flora found there. It is located in Uttarakhand state. This richly diverse area is also home to rare and endangered animals, including the Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear and blue sheep. The gentle landscape of the Valley of Flowers National Park complements the rugged mountain wilderness of Nanda Devi National Park to the east. Together they encompass a unique transition zone between the mountain ranges of the Zanskar and Great Himalaya. The park stretches over an expanse of 87.50 km2. Both parks are encompassed in the Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve (223,674 ha) which is further surrounded by a buffer zone (5,148.57 km2). This Reserve is in the UNESCO World Network of Biosphere Reserves since 2004. The Valley of Flowers is a high-altitude Himalayan valley that has been acknowledged by renowned mountaineers and botanists in literature for over a century.This virtual paradise on earth has been unknown to the outside world till the great Mountaineer Frank S Smith discovered it in the year 1931.The valley was declared a national park in 1982 and now it is a World Heritage Site.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel Accommodations: 1 night in Govind Ghat & 3 nights in Ghangria (3/4 sharing basis)
- Nutritious, high calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Hotel accommodation (3 sharing basis)
- Basic First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Cordinator throughout the trek
- Medical Insurance up to 1 Lakh
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Rishikesh.
- Any hotel accommodation
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from mentioned above
- Anything not mentioned above.
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Day - 1 Rishikesh to Goving Ghat . Distance – 275 KM , 9 – 10 Hrs Journey .
Reporting at Rishikesh (Laxman Jhula area) at 6:30AM & proceed to Govind Ghat (10hrs. drive)
We all will meet up at Laxaman Jhoola by 6:30am in the morning. We will hire a cab drive to Govind Ghat ( The costing will be shared among all the participants). The drive will take around 10 hours form Rishikesh. Over night stay in hotel at Govind Ghat
Day - 2 Govind Ghat – Ghangria . Distance – 10 KM [Duration: 6 – 7 hours trek]
Early in the morning after breakfast from Govind Ghat it is a gradual ascent along a well maintained trail to Ghangria. On the way you can see waterfalls & natural beauty . Spend the rest of the day exploring the surroundings. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel in Ghangria.
Day - 3 Ghangria – Valley of Flowers – Ghangria . Distance – 6 KM [Duration: 4 – 5 hours]
This day’s trip take us into the Valley of Flowers. After having breakfast we will start our trek towards the valley . On the way we will be crossing Pushpawathi river . Eye catching spectacles like the cascading waterfalls, small streams and above all the flowery meadows awaits the visitors all through the way.Explore the valley and return back to the hotel . Night stay at hotel in Ghangria.
Day - 4 Ghangria – Hemkund Sahib – Ghangria Distance – 8 KM [Duration: 5 – 6 hours]
On this day we will be trekking to the Hemkund Sahib ( 14200 feet ) . A steep hike to the lake of Hemkund Sahib (a holy place for the Sikhs) is planned for the day. Its a steep so we will going slow, on the way you can see many waterfalls , Himalayan flower Brahma Kamal which is grow hight of 11000 to 15000 feet . Return back to the hotel for the night stay hotel in Ghangria.
Day - 5 Ghangria – Govind Ghat [Duration: 3 – 4 hours] – Proceed to Rishikesh
Trek back to Govind Ghat. We start early in the morning from Ghangria and reach Govind Ghat by 11:00 am. We will hire a cab to drive to Rishikesh (We will share the cost of the vehicle among all the participants at actual). The drive will take around 10 hours form Govind Ghat & Reach Rishikesh at around 09:00PM. Stay at hotel in Rishikesh (Hotel cost is not included)
1] There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
2] Itinerary can be changed, in case of snow, rainfall and landslides.
3] We advice you keep a extra day and plan your travel because the weather in the himalaya is unpredictable.