Kudremukh National Park is spread partly over the thick hilly forests near the coastal plains on the western portion and the shola vegetation on the Western Ghats uplands, covering parts of 3 districts, viz., Chickmagalur, Udupi and Dakshina Kannada. The Kudremukh peak by which the National Park derived its name, is the highest elevation at 1892 meters.
Special features of Kudremukh National Park (KNP)
KNP is made of steep hills and valleys. The hills, which bear the brunt of the severe monsoon wind, preclude any tree growth as a result the landscape is covered with grass. The valleys which are tucked in, have reasonable protection from wind and a deep soil profile, as a result of which stunted evergreen forests exist creating an unique microclimate, rich with mosses, orchids, etc. The whole scenery of grassland interspersed with narrow strips of forests provide a fantastic vista for a trekker. The totally fresh air and the climb up and down, invigorates the body and soothes the soul. During the trek, one can view and study several wildlife species of plants, birds, reptiles, amphibians, butterflies, insects, etc.
What is included in the tour
- Forest permission charges
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- Veg Meals (2 Breakfast, 1 lunch & 1 Dinner)
- Basic First aid Support
- Instructor from BMCAdventure Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Sunday Lunch
- Snacks During Transit
- Anything not mentioned above in Inclusion
PACK LIGHT, CARRY ONLY WHAT IS NECESSARY
- Personal medication (if any)
- Strong backpack (Preferably water proof)
- Fresh pair of clothes for two days.
- Mosquito Reppellent Cream
- Water bottles (at least 2 liters of water)
- A torch with new batteries (must in case of emergency)
- You can carry Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavored milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Sunglasses, Sunscreen.
- Camera (Optional)
- Shoes with good grip
09:30 PM - Pick-up from BMC, 80ft Road Indiranagar
09:45 PM - Pick-up from New Shanthi Sagar hotel, Domlur
10:00 PM - Pick-up from Lifestyle, Magrath road
06:00 AM Reach Kudremukh National Park
Have breakfast, Avail permission
Reach Base camp, Leave extra luggage
09:00 AM Start trekking to Kudremukh Peak
Trek 22KM both ways. Have packed lunch on the way
06:00 PM Reach base camp, Campfire (Optional) - Dinner
08:00 AM Have breakfast, Start from KNP
Visit nearby waterfall for relaxation dip.
Have lunch (Self-sponsored) on the way
Visit Belur Temple
10:00 PM Reach back to Bangalore.
Note: Drop points will be the same as pick-up points