About Place :
This place is situated in Chamoli District in the Indian State of Uttarakhand. The Kuari Pass trek is famous and beautiful trek among trekkers even in winter.It provides the most magnificent view of major and prominent peaks of Garhwal and Kumaon region of the Himalayas like Nanda Devi, which is the second highest mountain in India (7817 meter), Dunagiri, Hathi Ghori, Kamet (7756 meter), Chaukhamba (7128 Mt), Trishul (7120 meter), Neelkantha, Ronti Saddle etc.. The gentle landscape of the Kuari Pass trek complements the rugged snow cap mountain, wilderness of Himalayas.
What is included in the tour
- Trek equipment like a Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent.
- Nutritious, high-calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation
- First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Coordinator for the trek
- Insurance Up to 1 Lakh
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc.
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Any hotel accommodation.
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from above mentioned things.
- Anything is not mentioned above.
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Day - 1 Reporting at Rishikesh (Laxman Jhula area) at 06:00AM & proceed to Joshimath (10hrs. drive)
We all will meet up at Laxman Jhula by 6:00 to 6:30 am in the morning. We will hire a cab to drive to Joshimath (We will share the cost of the vehicle among all the participants at actual). The drive will take around 10 hours from Rishikesh. Overnight stay at hotel in Joshimath .
Day - 2 Joshimath – Auli – Tali camp via Garson . [Duration: 5 – 6 hours]
After early morning breakfast, drive 15 kms to Auli by vehicle then we will start our trek to Tali camp . Overnight stay in Tents .
Day - 3 [Duration: 5 – 6 hours]Tali Camp to Chitrakantha to Kuari Pass and back to Khulara camp .
Overnight stay in Tents .
Day - 4 [Duration: 4 – 5 hours]Early morning start the trek from Khulara to Dhak and Drive to Joshimath Overenight stay at hotel in Joshimath .
Day - 5 Return to Rishikesh/Haridwar from Joshimath. (Distance: 105 km, 9-10 hour Journey)
Depart from Joshimath to Rishikesh/Haridwar (9 – 10 Hrs. drive). (We will hire a cab at Joshimath to drive to Rishikesh or Haridwar & the costing will be shared among all the participants). People who want to stay at Rishikesh can stay on their own cost & others can depart according to their train/bus/flight timings.
1] There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
2] Itinerary can be changed, in case of snow, rainfall and landslides.
3] We advice you keep a extra day and plan your travel because the weather in the himalaya is unpredictable.