About Place :
Kedarkantha is a 12,500 ft (3810m) high mountain summit on the Garhwal Himalaya. It lies in the Uttarkashi District of the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is flanked by the Har-ki-Dun Valley and Swargarohini peak to the north, the Bandarpunch mountain massif to the north-east and Rupin Pass at Himachal Pradesh – Uttarakhand border to the north west.
What is included in the tour
- Trek equipment like a Sleeping bag, mattress, tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent.
- Nutritious, high-calorie vegetarian food
- Guide, cook and camp helpers.
- Tented accommodation
- First Aid
- Forest Permission Charges
- Coordinator for the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenses of personal nature like phone call etc.
- Any air/train to reach Delhi and return from Delhi.
- Travel from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Any hotel accommodation.
- Horses with horsemen to carry your loads on the route.
- Your Accommodation or any other expenses before or after the trek schedule.
- Extra food apart from above mentioned things.
- Anything is not mentioned above.
Things to Carry List :
- Backpack (55 – 65 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame. Quechua Forclaz 60 is a good choice.
- Daypack (20-25 L) – optional. Useful for summit/pass day, handy if you want to offload your backpack on the trek.
- Trekking shoes – Sports shoes are an absolute NO in trekking. You need Traction on Snow and Sport Shoes with PVC soles hardly justifies the choice. Ensure the shoes are well used before the trek. Forclaz 500 and Woodland are good choices.
- 3 pair of track pants (at least one should be synthetic quick-dry kind). Or 3 pair of cotton pants with lots of pockets. Track pants are light and we highly recommend them. Plus when things get really cold then layers of clothes matter.
- 3 cotton t-shirt with collar.
- One full Sleeve Sweater. A fleece jacket would be an alternative.
- A full sleeve thick Jacket.
- 4 pairs of Undergarments.
- 1 pair of Thermal Inners.
- 4-5 pair of Sports Socks.
- Woolen Monkey cap/Balaclava that cover the ear.
- Light weight Rain Coat/Poncho (to escape a quick burst of rain).
- Hand Gloves (water proof).
- Sun glasses – Buy the one which will cover your eyes well. Choose from Black, Green, Brown. Blue coloured Sunglass cannot block UV rays.
Avoid multi toned ones too. Sunglasses prevent snow blindness, and are mandatory for treks.
- Sun Cap and/or Head-Scarf.
- Trekking Pole is mandatory.
- Light towel (a quick drying kind).
- Chap stick or Lip Balm.
- Cold Cream and Sun Screen Lotion (SPF 40+).
- 2 Water bottles (1 L each). Do not carry packaged water bottles.
- LED torch with extra set of cells/ Head Lamps (preferred).
- Personal Toilet Kit (minimal) and Toilet Paper.
- Small Repair Kit consisting of Safety Pins, Needle, Thread and String (mandatory).
- Slippers/Sandals (for walking around campsite).
- While there are adequate food provided on trek, some do feel very less energetic compared to others. So you can carry few energy bars, dry fruits, etc
- Camera, writing or recording material to log your experience.
Day - 1 Dehradun To Sankari Drive – (Altitude: 1850 m, Distance : 210 Kms, 7-8 Hours Drive)
From Dehradun to Sankri/Saur (1850mt) through the Yamuna and Tons valleys across the Yamuna bridge, Nainbagh, Nowgaon, Purola, Jarmola (Jarmola is one of the biggest and most beautiful pine forests in Asia), Mori and Netwar. Trek to a tiny market in Sankri, a few wooden huts serve simple yet delicious food. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN (Garhwal Mangal Vikas Nigam) rest house or the Forest Department’s rest house or in tent.
Day - 2 Sankari To Juda lake by Trek – (Altitude: 2500 m, Distance : 5 Kms, 4-5 Hours Trek)
On an even surface through thick forests, with a few waterfalls on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Juda Lake in tent at the camping !
Day - 3 Juda Lake To Base Kedarkantha – (Altitude: 3200 m, Distance : 5 Kms, 4-5 Hours Trek)
With packed lunch, to Bainya (Kedarkantha 3836mt). You could either opt for the steep climb of Bainya Thach, which is a path with beautiful views, or Dinner and overnight stay at the Kedarkantha Base comping in tent. !
Day - 4 Kedarkantha Base To Kedarkhantha Top & Back to Hargaun – (Altitude: 3812 m, Distance : 7 Kms, 5-6 Hours Trek)
On Kedarkanthaa (3812mt) mountains, with packed lunch, to Dunda thach on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls. The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds, Animal All Forest area and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce. After the last steep climb of. The beautiful Swargarohini, Harkidun Valley and Kalanage Pick stands tall overlooking this Valley of God.Shiv, Dinner and overnight stay at the Dunda thach Comping at tent.
Day - 5 Hargaun to Shankri by Trek – (Altitude: 2058 m, Distance : 9 Kms, 6-7 Hours Trek)
Ends to the (4000mt). Trek approximately 200 m Area to , you have the grass area Bard and Looking The Beautiful , Valley an Out of area to view Rawine Valley and Har-ki-Dun and The beautiful Swargarohini Pick Dinner and overnight stay at Shankri.
Day - 6 Sankri to Dehradun/Rishikesh (8-10 Hrs. drive).
Depart from Sankri to Rishikesh (8-10 Hrs. drive). (We will hire a cab at lohajung to drive to Rishikesh or kathgodam & the costing will be shared among all the participants).
1] There is a different permission charge for Foreigner & the difference amount should be paid by the participant on spot.
2] Itinerary can be changed, in case of snow, rainfall and landslides.
3] We advice you keep a extra day and plan your travel because the weather in the himalaya is unpredictable.