Bananthimari Betta is locally known as KaradiBetta in and around the region, since bears are spotted around. Located 3 kms from the Kanakapura region, this twin hillock is surrounded by plush green fields and patches of flowers and rock surfaces.
This moderately easy day trek is perfect for a weekend break.
We start our journey from Bangalore at around 6:30 in the morning, stopping by for a sumptuous, breakfast. We pack our lunches here and continue our ride till the base of the trek.
The trek starts from a temple at the base, and the first 100 mts is through a mud path. As we go ahead, the next 1 km goes through steep rocks, which serve as steps through some lovely green bushes and canopies above. As we go higher, we get our first view of the whole town.
The next 1.5 kms is completely trekking over the boulders and it’s an adventure in itself! The varied colors of the boulders, some places steep and some fully flat make it all the more exciting. The views keep getting majestic as we go further.
Gentle winds, and a breath - taking view is what greets us on the top. Blues skies filled with fluffy white clouds, that cast their shadows on the green grasslands and bushes, giving the vibrant colors of green! We spend a good half n hour on the peak, soaking in all the beauty and head back to the base, through the same route.
Once we are back down all hungry, we devour on our packed lunches by the pond. Spending some time there, we soak and relax our legs in the cool water.
We then head back to Bangalore, reaching by 6:00 in the evening. Fully satisfied with a soul stirring solitude experience.
- Distance: From Bangalore: 75km
- Difficulty level: Moderate
- Trek Length: 5 Kms in total (Two way)
What is included in the tour
- Non A/C Transport from Bangalore to Bangalore
- 1 Breakfast
- 1 Lunch
- Basic First- aid support
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything which is not mentioned in inclusions
Suggested things to carry:
- Personal medication (if any)
- One strong backpack.
- Water bottles (enough to carry at least 2 litres of water)
- Energy Food (Chocolate bars, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks - Glucose etc.)
- Small torch with new batteries.
- Camera (Optional)
- Rain Coat (suggested during Monsoon)
06:30AM - Pickup from BMC, Indiranagar
06:45AM - Pickup from New Shanti sagar Hotel, Domlur
07:00AM - Pick up from Sapphire Toys, Richmond Road (Near Sacred Heart Church)
- Have breakfast on the way and carry pack lunch
- Start Trekking, Reach peak, explore. Have packed lunch
- Trek down and Depart to Bangalore
06:00PM - Reach Bangalore
Please carry a empty lunch box. We discourage the use of plastic on our treks.